High-Paying Travel Nursing Jobs for Cardiovascular Operating Room specialists | 2021
Cardiovascular Operating Room (CVOR) Nursing Specialty & Travel Jobs
Looking for CVOR Travel RN Jobs?
Nurses who work with patients before, during, and after cardiac surgery are known as operating room (CVOR) nurses. While CVOR travel nurses are held to the same standards in terms of knowledge and skills that all registered nurses are required to have, there are advanced skills that are vital in the surgical setting. Nurses who work in the CVOR highly benefit from having specific skills, such as:
- A keen ability to work harmoniously within a team.
- Excellent communication skills: these are important during highly tense situations and operations.
- Be highly organized: this is an absolute must for everything from surgical equipment set-up to charting to ensure the best possible outcomes.
- Extreme attention to detail: one of the most important skills a good CVOR travel nurse has is the ability to keep track of every single item in a room to prevent any grave errors.
- Advanced critical thinking skills: when working in this type of environment, it’s important that CVOR travel nurses can think critically and make confident sound decisions.
As a registered nurse working in the operating room, you will be assisting the doctors and surgeons and monitoring the patients’ vital signs. As a team, you will work alongside the surgical professionals to ensure the optimal delivery of care at all stages of surgical procedures. It’s also your responsibility as a CVOR nurse to work as a liaison, of sorts, between the family members of a patient and the surgical team.
CVOR nurses are responsible for the monitoring of patients before surgery and the coordination of care in the surgery suite, specifically for cardiac surgeries. Nurses must also ensure that the operating room remains sterile. After care, they must have experience with the specialized treatments and care required for cardiovascular surgical patients.
Job Skills / Requirements for CVOR Nurses:
- Valid BLS and ACLS from the American Heart Association
- A valid professional license within the state of practice
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) credential is recommended and may be required for specific registered nurses and travel nurse positions
- Specialty-related certifications are preferred and may be required for specific positions
- Proof of right to work in the United States
- Experience as a CVOR nurse
Cardiovascular Operating Room Travel Nurse Salary and Job Outlook
Emergencies can happen at any moment. As such, CVOR travel nurses are often required to be on call during any day of the week, including holidays and weekends. For CVOR travel nurses, this field provides plenty of opportunities to receive overtime pay because of this critical need. You are also helping patients when they are at their most vulnerable points, which makes this an area of nursing with great satisfaction.
While the specific CVOR travel nurse pay is going to depend on the nurse’s skills and certifications along with the location worked, it’s generally on the higher end of the scale for nursing specialties because these skills are very specialized.
Elite Specialty Staffing also offers referral bonuses and other incentives that can further increase pay. CVOR travel nurses who work with Elite Specialty Staffing receive a generous housing subsidy. When you work as a CVOR travel nurse with Elite Specialty Staffing, you will gain all the lucrative travel nursing benefits we offer. Apply today!