High-Paying Travel Nursing Jobs for specialists | 2022
Home Health Nursing Specialty & Why Travel Nurses Love This Field
Travel nurses working in home health can find jobs across the country in a variety of climates, and town/city sizes. This is a great specialty for you travel nurses who want to see lots of different places across our great nation because there is no shortage of job opportunities.
The baby boomer population is aging and requiring more healthcare. That combined with the increased emphasis on shortened hospital stays and focus on preventative care, home health as a specialty is blossoming into a lucrative and satisfying niche.
Home health travel RNs work with patients who live in their own homes yet require medical care of some kind and varied amounts of help with their activities of daily living. Typical tasks for a home health registered nurse may include:
- Assistance with the medication regimen of the patient
- Assistance with the bathing of the patient
- Assistance with the grooming of the patient
- Assistance with mobility of the patient
- Assistance with other daily tasks of the patient
- Meticulous documentation of vital signs, bladder and bowel functions of the patient
- Meticulous documentation of rehabilitation progress of the patient
- Providing wound care to the patient
- Providing massages to the patient
- Assisting/providing maintenance of a prosthetic limb of the patient
As you can see after reading the list, the work of a home health nurse is exactly that. Work. However, the setting for home health travel nurses may be considered less high stress than that of a nurse who works in an emergency room. The work of a home health nurse is extremely important, but because the work focuses on the patient, in their own home, home health nurses can build a rapport with their patients and develop a positive working relationship.
Home health travel nurses may also find that in addition to building a relationship with their patients, they build a rapport with their patients’ family members or neighbors as well. The life of a travel nurse can feel lonely at times, but as a home health travel nurse building rapport and connections with their patients and families can be very satisfying.
Job Skills / Requirements for Home Health Travel Nurses
- Valid BLS from the American Heart Association
- A valid professional license within the state of practice
- Specialty-related certifications are preferred and may be required for specific positions
- Experience as a home health nurse is required
- Some positions require previous experience in an acute care setting – ask your recruiter for details
- Proof of right to work in the United States
Home Health Travel Nurse Salary and Job Outlook
As the costs of healthcare services continue to rise and the baby-boomer generation continues to age, there is an increase in the demand for home health travel nurses. While home health is not the biggest field of nursing, continually more home health travel nursing jobs become available.
Home health travel nurses who work with Elite Specialty Staffing can choose to take free, private, luxurious housing, or a generous housing subsidy. When you work as a home health travel nurse with Elite Specialty Staffing, you will gain all the lucrative travel nursing benefits we offer. Apply today!