High-Paying Travel Nursing Jobs for Pediatric Emergency Room specialists | 2021
Pediatric Emergency Room Nursing Specialty & Travel RN Jobs
Find Peds ER Travel Nursing Jobs with Elite
Pediatric emergency department (ED/ER) registered nurses (RNs) have a specialization that combines two passions: pediatrics and the emergency room. If you are drawn to working in a fast-paced, high-pressure atmosphere, and feel passionate about working with children, this may be the path for you.
Pediatric emergency care focuses on providing care that is family-oriented, sensitive, and compassionate. Pediatric emergency department nurses will typically find themselves employed in children’s hospitals and urgent care facilities.
Travel nurses working in the pediatric emergency department specialty must be able to do the following:
- Remain calm while managing trauma, injuries, or illnesses to protect their pediatric patients from increased anxiety about the urgency of their situation
- Quickly assess and diagnose their pediatric patients
- Stabilize their pediatric patients
- Administer appropriate medications to mitigate pain
- Have patience and compassion for the families of pediatric patients
- Manage negative emotions when pediatric patients do not improve
- Can move on to the next pediatric patient with full attention
- Continue learning and improving skills
- Display a comforting bedside manner for their patients and family members
Common reasons for emergency department visits by children include:
- Respiratory diseases
- Digestive disorders
- Nervous system disorders
- Infectious diseases
Certifications in the field are available and a good way to keep your skills up to date and demonstrate to your employers your commitment to your work and your pediatric patients. There are various national organizations as well that you can connect with to continue your learning and explore ways to further specialize in the field.
Pediatric ER travel nurses are in high demand across the U.S. According to the CDC, in 2016, emergency departments nationwide received 145.6 million patients and a high percentage of those visits were pediatric in nature. Travel nurses who specialize as pediatric emergency department nurses will have boundless opportunities to travel the country. They can choose contracts in destinations that fit their desired career path, all while allowing them to experience life in the geographical setting they desire.
Job Skills / Requirements for Peds ER Travel Nurses:
- Valid BLS and PALS from the American Heart Association
- A valid professional license within the state of practice
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC) credentials are recommended and may be required for specific registered nurses and travel nurse positions
- Other specialty-related certifications are preferred and may be required for specific positions
- Proof of right to work in the United States
- Experience as a pediatric ER RN in a hospital setting
Pediatric ER Travel Nurse Salary and Job Outlook
Working with pediatric patients who are in an emergent state of health is a huge responsibility. To work as a travel nurse in this specialty requires a nurse to have a lot of experience in pediatric EDs. As such, the salary for pediatric ER nurses is substantial and typically higher than the salary of an entry-level travel nurse.
Pediatric ER travel nurses who work with Elite Specialty Staffing receive a generous housing subsidy. When you work as a pediatric ED travel nurse with Elite Specialty Staffing, you will gain all the lucrative travel nursing benefits we offer. Apply today!